Thursday, May 30, 2013

"And now, LORD, what do I wait for? My hope is in You." Ps. 39:7

I was challenged a bit ago by something I read about obstacles. Someone described an obstacle as an opportunity for a miracle so God can be glorified.

That's right! No matter how impossible the circumstances...even when I can't figure things out, even when we don't have any answers, I know that God delights in the impossible. I am fighting with all that is in me to hold on to Him, knowing that in HIM is life and hope and love and joy and peace.

I've been in nearly unbearable pain today, which even high doses of pain relievers aren't seeming to touch. I've been challenged to not be afraid to hope and to believe God for healing and complete deliverance.
"Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Ps. 103:5
Even though so much of my youth has been spent in sickness, I believe He can bring restoration!

I appreciate you all praying for me...it means so much! Please pray for the strength to hold on to hope and to believe God for a miracle. More than anything else, I want Him to be glorified. I want to have His seal imprinted so plainly on my forehead, that those who look at me will only see His beauty shining through me. That has been my desire for years, and I see how short I have fallen. But as I continually surrender to Him, I trust Him to complete the work He has begun in me.


2 comments:

  1. Dearest Abby,
    I just wanted to let you know that your wish of wanting to have God's beauty and glory shining through you has already happened! Ever since we first met you I've noticed that beauty, the love you have for God, and your passion for Him--it is, without a doubt, the only thing I can see when I look at you. As hard as it might be for you to believe, I've never seen you as a girl who has been battling sickness for years, I've only seen that girl that loves God with all her heart and soul, and who is being used for amazing and wonderful things. :)
    You are such a blessing to our family, and, by the way, we use your cookbook all the time! In fact, we even had a Shabbat where everything we served just happened to be from your recipes--and we didn't even plan it that way!
    God has obviously given you amazing talent and He is working through you in wonderful ways.
    May God richly bless you!!!

    Love, MaryAnne Bikowsky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MaryAnne, I just wanted to thank you for your encouraging words...you have no idea how much that means to me! It's easy for me to focus on the failures, but I have been speaking God's Word over myself, and I know His Word is always true! So thank you for allowing Him to use you to bless me...

      Delete