Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Little Strength

 I was reading in Revelation this morning, and was quite struck by a passage in chapter 3.  I had read it before, but today it hit me in a new way. How many times are we tempted to give up? We are given a command to persevere! Yeshua says, "a little strength"...that's all we need to keep going...
"See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. Indeed I will make those...to know that I have loved you. Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem..."  (Rev. 3:8-12, emphasis added)
Amen...what beautiful words of strength and reassurance!



No comments:

Post a Comment